Parenting when separated can be difficult, and how it is managed has a significant impact on children. This 6 week course does not propose to find magic answers but aims to help parents to gain the support of other parents and to find solutions for difficult situations. The focus of the course is positive and aims to build on your strengths as a parent and what you are already doing right. It is facilitated by two accredited practitioners.
The Parenting when separated programme hopes to help you:
- • Understand the impact of separation on parents and children
- • Establish a positive cooperative co-parenting relationship
- • Communicate more effectively with your child’s other parent and your child
- • Manage successful contact and handovers
- • Manage Conflict and Challenges
- • Develop personal coping and stress management skills