Kilkenny Job Club
Recently open premises on Friary Street offer a variety of employment preparation programmes and job searching facilities. Programmes are three weeks long, and run in both morning and afternoon. The workshops are FREE and are open to everybody. The services includes:
- Job search support
- Interview techniques
- Specialised CV writing
- Networking and volunteering
- Ongoing support – drop in service
- Wifi, copying, PC access
- Career and education guidance
- Supported IT training
- Specific training programmes – HACCP, customer service, etc.
44 Friary Street, Kilkenny
T: 056 7756043
M: 086 4126460
Contact: Patricia Duffe, Jo Conroy (Kilkenny Jobs Club Coordinators)
Opening Times – 9.30 – 5pm.
St. Catherine’s Halting Site
< awaiting content >
St. Canice’s Neighbourhood Centre
Read description and History of the Centre here
NEIGHBOURHOOD CENTRE SCHEDULE 2014
- 10.30am – 12.30 pm – Women’s Crafts (card making, embroidery, crochet, knitting – informal sessions run and supported by Fr. McGrath Centre staff and volunteers)
- 7.30 pm to 9.30pm – Table Tennis Club (practice sessions and monthly tournaments)
- 12.30 am to 1pm – Art (informal, drop-in art classes for adults using various techniques and media -painting, drawing, sketching etc)
- 8pm to 10.30pm – Bingo (long-running social enterprise with in excess of 70 regular participants)
- 11am to 1pm – Music (live music and sing-along). Please note: due to lack of committed volunteers these sessions are currently not running.
- 2.30pm to 4.30pm – Mens’ Action Network (M.A.N.) – men over 50 years of age meet socially for leisure activities, games, trips, talks and more)
- 7pm to 11pm – Snooker (snooker sessions supervised by community volunteers)
- 8pm to 10.30pm – Pongo (a game similar to bingo with strong local following and great prizes)
- 10.30am to 12.30pm – Community Art Projects (group that focuses on small and big projects – mosaics, decoupage, old furniture makeover, pottery etc.). PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROJECTS WILL STOP FOR JULY AND AUGUST AND WILL RESUME IN SEPTEMBER.
- 7pm to 11pm – Snooker (see Tuesday)
- 10.30am to 12.30pm – Mens’ Action Network (see Wednesday schedule)
- 7pm to 11pm – Snooker
- 6pm to 8pm – Pigeon Club (local group concerned with racing pigeons)
- 7pm to 11pm – Snooker
- 2pm to 4.30pm – Indian Religious Group (Members of the Indian Community practice their religious obligations and encourage bonding within the group)
Connect Café operates five days a week from Monday to Friday from 11.00am to 13.00pm.
Everyone is welcome to drop in for a tea or coffee and a chat, read the daily papers, browse our community library or enquire about our morning programmes.
More on Connect Café under FAMILY AND COMMUNITY (Informal Education and Support) section of this website.