Caretaker / Community Group Support Person
19 hours per week @ 9.40 per hour
Duties include:- General caretaker and maintenance duties in relation to the upkeep of the facility, and supporting the various groups and programmes which utilize the facility.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 1st July 2016
To apply contact:
Pat Brennan, Fr. McGrath Family Resource Centre, St. Josephs Road, Kilkenny. Tel: 056 7751988.
Full Job Description
Sponsor: Community Services Programme (CSP)
Organisation: Fr. McGrath Family Resource Centre Josephs Road, Kilkenny.
Work Placement: St. Canices Neighbourhood Centre,
Butts Green, Kilkenny.
Title: Caretaker / Community Group Support Person
Responsible to: Stephen Murphy, Director of Services
Hours: 19.5 hours. Due to the nature of work,the hours may vary from time to time
dependent on the usage of the facility.
Salary: €9.40 Per hour
Requirements: Candidate must be either in receipt of a
payment for Social Welfare or finishing on
• Security of facility, opening and closing the facility for various groups.
• Setting up rooms according to needsfor various groups / users.
• General cleaning and maintenance of facility.
• Light maintenance in respect of the upkeep of the facility.
• Supporting the wider team in supporting events that take place in the facility.
• Providing refreshments for various groups.
• Reporting any concerns in relation to health and safety to line manager.
• Participating in occasional training supports which may enhance or support your practice.
• Liaising with clients / customers that visit the service and provide a friendly and supportive welcome.
• Engage in occasional planning and evaluation meetings in respect to the work.
• Promote the facility to users in a positive way.
• Various other duties as directed from your line manager from time to time.