All of our programmes and projects run according to an important three year area action plan. This is also due to a public consultation with local households and service users, including all the children and families who use our programmes.
Furthermore, we run a four step area action programme in the centre: ‘From Three – To University’- Integrated Area Action Programme
Moreover, our four step programme can be briefly summed up as:
- Step 1 – Early Learning Services – targeting children 0-6 years.
- Step2 – Education & Homework Supports – targeting children 7 -17 years.
- Step 3 – Children and Youth Self Development Services – children aged 7 -18 years.
- Step 4 – Family Support/Parenting/Employment Training and Counselling Services.
(In addition included is an extensive IT Literacy and computer training service.)
Over the life of the last Three Year Area Action Plan our organisation has also taken over and developed new services. Consequently, leading to the new step 5.
- Step 5 – Carlow/Kilkenny Contact – befriending, support and advocacy service for older people living alone.
Three Year Area Action Plans & Services
Our not for profit services now provide supports to children. As a result, children from their earliest years right through to older people living alone or in vulnerable circumstances can use the services.
The SCCA Board is currently developing the next three year plan for:
- The Fr. McGrath Family Resource Centre.
- The Learning Tree and St Catherine’s Creche.
- Kilkenny Multimedia & IT Training Centre.
- St. Canice’s Neighbourhood Hall.
- Kilkenny Job Club.
Consequently, these plans are due to be published early in 2013 after wide ranging public, community and statutory consultation.
In addition, to learn more about the SCCA Board, click here